Welcome to Shanghai & Beijing!
- Combine a Chinese language course with a professional internship
- 20 group lessons a week, 50-minutes a lesson
- Maximum 10 students in a group class, average 5 students
- Interact with students from all over the world
- Learn listening and speaking conversational skills
- Professional internships in tourism, hospitality, marketing
- Enhance your Chinese language skills & business knowledge in a global work environment
- Courses available in Shanghai or Beijing
Chinese language courses:
- General Chinese course
- Professional Internships in China
- Teenage vacation
- Kids’ vacation
- Short- & Long-term Chinese language courses
- Examination courses
- Seniors/50+ vacation
- Chinese language for business
- Academic Chinese
- Teachers’ course
Companies and Internship Placements
Combine a Chinese language course and on-the-job exposure with an internship in Asia; develop and enhance Chinese business skills in an international environment. Being an intern in China is a great way to learn about company culture; global internship opportunities are the key to success for today’s young people!
Internships in China are available in a range of different industries including: marketing, business, logistics, event management, teaching, tourism, logistics, real estate and more. Although we ask for each applicant’s 3 preferred industries, we cannot guarantee a placement in these industries but can guarantee a final placement in a company in China. The working language at these companies is often English first and Chinese second.
- knowledge of Chinese on Intermediate Level by the time you start the internship
- Participation in a Chinese language course of min 4 weeks
- Minimum age 20
- Finished college or university education
- Time budget of min. 12 weeks (course + internship)
Here is a short testimonial from Stephanie who recently undertook a 4 month internship at 9 Dragons – a recently opened 5 star Chinese resort 1 hour out of Shanghai. Her responsibilities included staff training in Western service standards and conducting a program of business improvement. “My work experience has ended and I wanted to thank you. Despite the language barriers, I have the impression I have made progress and learned a lot about Chinese language, Chinese working habits and mentality, teaching skills and dealing with a 99% Chinese environment. I’m very pleased to have participated in this prestigious and ambitious project which we’ll know very soon (to be) an important success.” Stephanie, France
Package prices start from $5500 USD including:
- 8 weeks tuition (Chinese language course)
- registration fees
- 8 weeks accommodation in Shanghai including 2 meals per day
- airport pick-up
- internship orientation and preparation
- internship placement
- 24 hour emergency service and more!
You will receive 2 certificates, one from Mandarin House and one from the host company, upon request. Mandarin House certifies your language skills; the host company issues a statement commenting on your performance as a trainee.
Course Dates 2012
Non-Beginners can join on any Monday. Total Beginners Starting Dates in 2012: